Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween!

Happy Halloween!


Makenna was a cute little pumpkin for Halloween. She is getting so big! She is starting to babble more and smiles a ton. We all love her so much!

Kaylee was Ariel the Little Mermaid for Halloween. She has been so excited to wear her costume. I am proud to say that after last year's incident with her Snow White costume neither Kaylee or Dan found my hiding place this year and the costume made it in mint condition to Halloween!


Kaylee had a great time trick-or-treating. She had the process down after days of practicing at home and I was so proud she even remembered the "Thank you! Happy Halloween!" at the end of most doors!

Makenna didn't get any candy but she was the cutest pumpkin on the block rolling around in her stroller!

Here is Kaylee with her final product of Trick-or-Treating. We are not sure who ate more of the candy- Kaylee or her Dad! They both definitely share the snacking gene!

This was the first Halloween that we did not spend with my parents in Utah so to make things feel more like home we had to decorate up the table like my mom always did to make Halloween special and make some yummy chili for dinner. I have to say we did a good job on the chili! Then we made some caramel apples for dessert. They looked really yummy and Kaylee had a great time with the sprinkles. However, we must have gotten the wrong kind of caramel and it didn't ever harden so they look better than they actually were. Oh well - we tried!


Both girls were exhausted from a long night full of trick-or-treating. The next morning they were still crashed when I woke up. They looked so cute snuggling together I had to take a quick pic. The funniest thing about this is that when I took the first one I woke Kaylee up. I told her to close her eyes and pretend she was asleep so I could take another one. So as you see in the second picture she did close her eyes but couldn't resist still smiling for the camera. She is definitely our little photogenic queen!

0 comments: