Monday, September 13, 2010

Kaylee the Kindergartener

Can you believe it? My little baby girl is off to Kindergarten!!! Time goes so fast and I am so proud of our new little Kindergartener. Kaylee has been counting down the days until she could go to Kindergarten and when the first day finally came she could hardly control her extreme excitement. As you can see she picked out her outfit and was so proud to be dressed to the nines for her classroom debut. Future model in the making? :-)





Little sis Makenna was feeling the excitement as well and I think thought that she was getting to go somewhere to. When Kaylee finally went into the school building and it was time to go home Makenna was VERY upset that she did not get to go to Kindergarten too! She loves her sister so much and wants to do EVERYTHING that Kaylee does. I love that my girls are best friends and love each other so much.



Here is Kaylee in front of her new school Silver Mesa Elementary. We enrolled Kaylee up in the school by my parents house as I knew how great this school is and the Kindergarten teacher here is the best! I am a little biased because this is also where I went to elementary school! My youngest sister is in 6th grade here this year and is so excited to have Kaylee to take under her wing and teach all the ins and outs of Elementary School!


Proud mom and sis! I did get a little teary eyed as Kaylee walked into the building. It may have just been the pregnancy though:-) I was really so excited to see her go to Kindergarten because I know how much she is going to love it and how long she has been waiting to go to the BIG kids school! I am so proud of my little girl!


Nana was also there for the occasion. Now she has had 4 kids and 1 grandchild attend Silver Mesa Elementary! And she thought she was going to be done after Janessa:-)


Sweet Mrs. Bailey- Kaylee's new Kindergarten teacher! We just love Mrs. Bailey! She has lived in my parents' ward and has been a good friend for many years. She has taught Kindergarten for a long time at Silver Mesa and Kaylee could not be in better hands. As you can see in the second picture all her past students are coming to give her big hugs- she is a very loved teacher. Kaylee went to meet with her a week before school began and already has added Mrs. Bailey to her nightly prayers!




All the cute Kindergarteners lined up ready for their big day! Kaylee was not sad at all to wave goodbye- she could not wait to get inside and get started!!!


Kaylee had a wonderful first and week at school. They went to the library, met new friends, looked for the lost gingerbread man, and worked on creating their own "Brown Bear" books. Her only disappointment was that she didn't have homework like Aunt Janessa in 6th grade! Oh I am sure that will soon come, but it is great that she loves to learn and is excited about all they are doing in Kindergarten. She can not wait to get up and go to school every day and I am just so proud of her and her excitement to learn and be the best Kindergartener she can be!

4 comments:

dkkemp said...

yay for an awesome blog update! haha! I hope I didn't give you too hard of a time the other day for not updating! :) Kaylee looks like such a cute kindergartner! I can't believe it!

Brandon & Jamie said...

How FUN!!!!!! Good luck Kaylee! I hope she loves kindergarten!

treadfamily said...

I can't believe how time goes soo fast. It feels like just yesterday that I came and saw Kaylee as a baby and now you have three and Kaylee is off to school. Wow!! Kaylee is so grown up and what a little darling. I'm glad she is so social and excited about school, she'll do so well. Love you guys and miss you and hope to see pictures of miss Khloe.

Sharon Bee said...

What a wonderful family you have!! It would be so good to see all of you. Hopefully in the spring we can manage a visit to Utah. Congratulations on the new baby. Love, Grandma Sharon and Joe