Saturday, May 9, 2009

Family Updates

We are definitely a little behind on all of our posting, but here are a few entries to get you all caught up on our last few months!

KAYLEE KOOS
Kaylee is getting so big and is into so many "big kid" stuff lately. I can hardly believe how much she has grown up and matured just over the past few months! She loves the rain- mostly because she gets to wear her adorable rain coat with her matching umbrella. She always has her rain coat and umbrella with her just in case- even if it is 75 degrees and sunny outside :-)

In January when we got back to Utah Kaylee began going to pre-school three days a week. SHE LOVES IT! She goes to Mrs. Bascom's which is a cute little preschool in my mom's neighborhood. She asks everyday if it is a school day and is sorely dissapointed if it is not. She loves learning all her letter, numbers, and colors, all the art projects, playing outside at recess, having snack time, and of course socializing with all her friends. She is quite the social butterfly- I wonder where she gets that from?!! Here she is on her first day of school- so excited she can hardly stand it!

After school they all march out in a single file line- so cute. And on those special days once a month, Kaylee gets to be the V.I.P (Very Important Person) and wear a very special badge and be at the front of the line. She loves to be the special person!

Kaylee is learning lots of fun things at preschool. One of these is the Pledge of Allegiance. I just had to video it- it is so dang cute!

Another big milestone for Kaylee this spring was her very first dance recital! She was again so excited to dance on the big stage with all the big girls like Nessa and Colie. She has been asking for months when she gets to put on her blue costume and makeup and get up on the stage. She did so great and of course was the prettiest dancer there! Her mom was so proud!!

Oh yeah- her daddy was very proud too! He only could have been more proud if she was dancing with a golf club!


Kaylee has been watching Nicole and Janessa dance for many years. She couldn't wait to be dancers just like them. The day finally arrived and Kaylee couldn't be more proud. I think her aunts were proud to have her in their show too. They were showing off to all their friends how cute their little dancer niece was!

Kaylee got to be in dance this year again with her best friend and cousin Emily. They had so much fun together and it was so fun to see them dancing together!

For those of you who missed it here is Kaylee's first dance recital, performing to "Goodnight Sweetheart"! (Sorry it is a little blurry so hopefully you can tell which one Kaylee is- she is the first one out of the curtain!)


KENNA BENNA
Just like her big sister Makenna has been growing so much lately- as babies often do! She is now almost 10 months, is crawling all around and getting into lots of trouble, and loves to eat, eat, eat- especially big people food! Here are just a couple of picture of Makenna just being her adorable self! She really is just the cutest and happiest baby you could ever meet!


She still has her little foot problem where her feet turn inwards. She hates wearing shoes but we are trying to keep them on her to try and straiten out her feet. She is not quite sure how she feels about these shoes!


Besides eating, bath time is Kenna's absolute favorite time of day! She could stay and play in the bath for hours. She loves to splash, play with her little duckies, and just giggles away with her big sis playing in the tub!

This video is a little dated, but I had to put it on here because it shoes Kenna as she first started to crawl. She was excellent at the "army crawl" for a long time. Now she is a pro at crawling and crawls all around the house faster than I can chase her. And she loves me to chase her! She knows where she is not supposed to crawl (aka the STAIRS). Whenever I turn my head she books it for the stairs. She does stop about half way there to make sure I am watching, gives me her very best mischievous smile and then books it again so that I will chase her and catch her just before she gets to the edge! Wears me out, but very cute! I will have to take another more updated video of her crawl.


DAN THE MAN
Story time . . . so, the other day Dan had kind of mentioned that maybe he wanted to shave his head. I was tried to talk him out of it and he seemed to kind of give up on the idea. He went back and forth for a couple of days and then one day as we were driving home said, "Yeah, I don't think I will shave my head." I said, "Good!." We get home and I am working on getting the girls and all the stuff out of the car and wondering where Dan went and why he is not helping me. I get inside and am putting stuff away when I hear, "Yeah, final decision. I am definitely NOT shaving my head." I look up and Dan has shaved a strip right down the center or his head. Needless to say, I didn't have much of a choice then but to help him shave the rest. I am finally getting used to it and it is not quite as much of a shocker for me as it was at first. Oh yeah, my brother Andy decided to jump in on the new family shaving of the head trend. I don't think his wife Angie was too much more excited than I was! BOYS???!


Story continued . . . So the story gets worse. Not only did Dan decide to shave his head- he decided to stop shaving as well! This went on for a few weeks and then finally, thank goodness, he decided to shave. But, of course, in Dan style it couldn't be just any shave. We had to shave in stages. So here is the first stage which Dan decided to call his Craig look . . .

Next, we moved on to his Dan Flanders look . . .

And finally, back to the Dan we all know and love! Yea!!!!

Dan and Kaylee have a new little toy they have been playing with lately. Dan's friend Kenny let us borrow his little 4-wheeler for the summer! In back of our townhouse there is a big dirt field where people come and ride their motorcycles and 4 wheelers around. This has been so fun for Kaylee! Because the 4 wheeler is kid sized she has learned how to turn it on, start it, accelerate and brake, and steer all by herself. Dan still rides on the back with her of course, but she thinks she is quite the hot stuff! She is our little dare devil. She is not afraid to take off on those dirt jumps and go fast, fast, fast!





Makenna, on the other hand, not so sure about the whole 4 wheeler thing! She is definitely our more mellow child :-)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like Hope when she was little! Charity did all the daring stuff and Hope just sat there and cried. Very cute pictures guys! I laughed my butt off with the shaving stages and the accompanying "look a likes" that went with them. Very funny! Your kids are adorable. Miss you and love you tons!

melinda marie said...

Such a cute family! I love the picture of the family on the top. Who took it? Did Tysha?

I'm a friend of the Kemps from Junior High and High School... it's fun to keep up with everyone via blogging!

Have a great week!

Melinda
mmhughie.blogpsot.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh I LOVE the "Dan Flanders" look!!! Too funny!!! :-)

treadfamily said...

I was just looking through your blog and missing you guys. We really need to get together, Tay leaves in two weeks, so we need to have a party. Love you guys.

Chris & Jamie said...

Kristin! I don't know if you even look at this thing anymore but I'm so excited that your back in Utah! We are moving to Spanish Fork so we NEED to hang out!